River City Bicycles Fit Studio
Our experienced team of fitters work in a comfortable, private studio just steps away from our main store. Here, using traditional tools & established biomechanical principles, decades of experience, and the most up-to-date motion capture software system from Retül, fit sessions focus on creating a personal experience resulting in the fit your body and your goals demand. No matter what level of cyclist you are, a proper fit is critical to improve comfort, power and efficiency. We don’t believe there is any singular, magic formula that will have the same result for all riders. A balanced, individual approach is a must. Your fit is just that, yours.
Our fitters, Ward Griffiths , Dani Dance, & Stuart Elgin are Retül certified with experience across several other fit systems as well. Active riders in all disciplines, any of our fitters can assist you with any type of bicycle fit. Perhaps you have a specific question about fit or want to know more about our fitters? Please call 503-233-5973 or send a message to email@example.com
Fit appointments are available:
Monday-Friday: 10:00AM & 3:00PM
Fit The Bike To The Body
Our fit process adjusts the bike to the body, not the body to the bike. Your body is unique but a standard bicycle frame is often built based on averages of lots of bodies that differ slightly from yours. A great fit will allow the rider to experience more comfort and better performance on his or her bike or create the perfect custom bike with full confidence.
A correctly-sized frame is the first step in attaining the perfect bicycle. Component configuration is also essential to accommodate a cyclist’s individual proportions and needs. Just as important as physical equipment is incorporating rider goals and specific physical requirements. Again, this is your fit and the effort put into the pedals once you leave the studio is yours so we’ll work with you to refine what the numbers say against how you want to feel.
After evaluating your body structure and flexibility in a detailed pre-fit assessment, we tailor the dynamic fit using Retül 3D Motion Capture software. The end result is a comprehensive fit designed to increase comfort, power, and efficiency, all of which lead to your best days on the bike.
Feedback from RCB Fit Studio clients:
“Thank you very much for the report, cool stuff, and the fit is great. I have never felt so comfortable and strong while riding a century. Huge difference, not only with how my body felt during and post ride but also the numbers for power, time, average speed etc. Thanks again!”
“I was in for a fitting in January. I wanted to let you know that I have been on some long rides and the bike feels great! I appreciate the time you took with me. It is so nice not to have stingers on a ride.”
“I think my fit is crazy good. I have gone for two three-hour rides and both times I have never enjoyed the “bike” experience more. And as my friends that race say, it’s all in the fit.”
Retül 3D Motion Capture Fit on Existing Bike $275 (3 hours)
Designed for existing bicycle or a new, stock bicycle (Road, Mountain, City)
The River City Bicycles Full-Body Fit is the most complete fit available. In addition to offering on-the-bike measurement and assessment, we incorporate 3D motion capture. This allows us to take measurements in both a static and dynamic environment and compare the results for greater accuracy. Most importantly, it allows you to see what we see. The captured video images will show you a before-and-after of your cycling position, so you can immediately feel and see the improvements to your posture.
Our process begins with a brief interview to discuss your cycling goals and injury concerns. We then observe body structure and assess flexibility and range of motion to determine multiple positioning factors. Once on your bike, we start with the power connections, your feet, and work upward to ankles, knees, hips, torso, shoulders, elbows, and hands. The progression coordinates each position point: cleat placement, saddle height, saddle fore and aft location, stem length and angle, bar width and rotation and brake lever position. Evaluation by this established process accomplishes the ultimate goal: comfort, power and efficiency on the bike.
The Retül Fit Process at River City Bicycles
- Rider movement is measured in three dimensions simultaneously, and dynamically while the rider is pedaling. Four infrared cameras detect a series of 16 LEDs that are attached to you via two wireless harnesses.
- LED markers are captured at 18 frames per second creating millimeter-specific accuracy
- Data is collected dynamically as a set of averaged pedal strokes from the rider, not from an isolated position or view
- Three-dimensional information about the movement patterns of the knee in the forward, aft, side-to-side, and downward motions is measured. Altogether, 39 data points are analyzed to determine your ideal cycling position.
- Zin digitizer allows fast bike measurement by our fitter with sub-millimeter accuracy. Quick measurements allow for rapid comparison of changes in position.
- Follow-up fits on same bike for 1 year from date of initial fit at no charge. Contact your fitter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an appointment.
- 2nd bike fit within 1 year of initial fit – $200 (TT/Triathlon bike +$50)
Retül 3D Motion Capture Fit- Time Trial/Triathlon Fit $325 (3 Hours)
Designed for existing bicycle or a new, stock bicycle
This is our full process 3D Motion Capture Fit with the addition of time trial/triathlon-specific positioning. This session will focus on aerodynamics while maximizing comfort, power and efficiency. This includes fitting of aero bars.
Retül 3D Motion Capture Fit for Custom Bike Build $375 (3 hours/1 hour)
Designed for a yet-to-be built bicycle frame and component package
Are you dreaming of a custom bicycle? A fit session with us will determine your exact dimensions for the frame builder along with configuring the specifications of component sizes and placement during the final build. In Part One, we begin by assessing your goals and cycling style, recording your body measurements, and evaluating range of motion and flexibility. The we’ll fit you on the Retül Müve SL Dynamic Fit Bike to determine the optimum size, geometry and performance characteristics of your new custom bike. When your new bike arrives you will return for Part Two, a Full-Body Fit with 3D Motion Capture analysis.
Things to know about the fit session:
- Fitting is by appointment only. Schedule a fit session here.
- Please check in at the main counter at River City Bicycles.
- Bring traditional style cycling shorts and a fitted short sleeve jersey or shirt.
- Initial range of motion analysis will require you to remove your shoes and socks.
- If you’re buying new cycling shoes or pedals, please complete your purchase before the fit session starts.
- Parts installation may take more time and, in some cases, incur additional labor charge.
- Substitute components may be required to create the best fit and are not included in the fit price.